1. Before the update go to Appearance > Theme Options.
2. Click on Backup Options in left Menu.
3. and take backup for your options by click on Backup Options button.
4. Now go to your Themeforest profile > Downloads and download the theme again.
5. Now update your theme files.
How To Update Your Theme Via FTP
Step 1 – Go to “wp-content > themes” location and backup your theme folder by saving it to your computer, or you can choose to simply delete it. Your content will not be lost.
Step 2 – Retrieve the “themename.zip” file from your new Themeforest download and extract the file to get the “themename” theme folder.
Step 3 – Then simply drag and drop the new “themename” theme folder into “wp-content > themes” location. Choose to “Replace” the current one if you did not delete it.
How To Update Your Theme Via WordPress
Step 1 – You need to deactivate the current theme in the “appearance > themes” section by simply activating a different theme. Once you activate a different theme, you can delete the theme. Dont worry, your content will not be lost.
Step 2 – Retrieve the “themename.zip” file from your new Themeforest download. If you downloaded the “Main Files” from Themeforest, then you need to unzip the archive file you received, the themename.zip will be inside of it
Step 3 – Then simply upload the “themename.zip” file in the “appearance > themes” section. Click on the “Install Themes” tab at the top and choose to upload the zip file.
Step 4 – Once it uploads, choose to activate it. You’re done!
6. After completion of the update go to Appearance > Theme Options > and click on Options Reset.
7. Now go to Backup Options and click on Restore Options.
This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by admin.